How the Program Works
AMOCO FCU members can earn rewards for referring new members.
To earn rewards for referring eligible coworkers, friends and family to AMOCO FCU, you will need to enroll in the Share AMOCO program by providing your full name as it appears on your AMOCO account, a valid email address, creating a unique password, consent to receive Share AMOCO emails, and agree to the Program Terms & Conditions. Then you can refer your eligible coworkers, friends and family by email, social media, or sending your personal referral link. If the individual(s) you refer claims their offer within 30 days of receiving your referral email message and meets the program requirements below, you will be eligible for a referral reward. Referral reward(s) will be mailed to the address on file. The person making the referral will not be eligible for a referral payout if they have joint ownership on the account opened by the referee. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing. Please continue reading the information below.
- Membership Eligibility: Members of your immediate family and household are eligible to join AMOCO FCU. Family members include your spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, step and adoptive relationships. Your coworkers and friends are eligible for AMOCO FCU membership if they meet one or more of the following criteria: employed by one of our select business partners; pay homeowner association dues; worship, volunteer or belong to an organization or association we serve. A complete list of select business partners can be found on our website at https://www.amocofcu.org/select-partners/.
Prospective new members will receive a special bonus offer.
If you have been referred to AMOCO FCU by a current member through the Share AMOCO program, you will need to claim the special bonus offer by clicking on the referral link that your coworker, friend or family member provided and include your full name, a valid email address, birth date, consent to receive Share AMOCO emails, and agree to the Program Terms & Conditions. To redeem the offer, you must open your first AMOCO FCU membership account within 30 days of claiming your special bonus offer. The $25 gift card bonus will be mailed to the address on file after all program requirements have been met. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing.
- You can become an AMOCO
FCU member if you meet membership eligibility (provided above). You can establish your membership and open your first checking account online or at a branch location after claiming
your referral offer. Membership at AMOCO FCU requires you to open a basic savings account with a minimum
opening deposit of only $5.00. This account establishes your ownership in
the credit union and provides you access to favorable rates on loans
and deposits. To establish your membership online follow this link
to to join. To enroll in direct deposit, please contact your employer or payroll administrator.
Rules for Referrers
- You must be a current AMOCO FCU member and in good standing to participate in the Share AMOCO program.
- You must enroll in the Share AMOCO program by providing your full name, a valid email address, and creating a unique password, consent to receive Share AMOCO emails, and agree to the Program Terms & Conditions.
- You must agree to only refer coworkers, friends and family whom you have a personal relationship with.
- A referred participant can only accept one referral.
- You cannot earn a reward for referring someone who has already claimed a referral offer from another AMOCO FCU member.
- You cannot refer yourself.
- You cannot be a joint owner or share account ownership on the new account opened by the person you referred.
- A total of $500 in rewards can be earned per calendar year for successful referrals.
- You will receive a gift card reward of $25 for each eligible referee who opens a membership account.
Rules for Referees
- You can only accept a referral from one current AMOCO FCU member. You cannot accept a referral from more than one AMOCO FCU member.
- Claim your Share AMOCO offer with your name a valid email address, birthdate, consent to receive Share AMOCO emails, and agree to the Program Terms & Conditions.
- You must agree to accept program emails and accept the Program Terms & Conditions when claiming your offer.
- You must complete the following steps after claiming your referral offer:
- Open your first AMOCO FCU membership account within 30 days of claiming your special bonus offer.
- A membership account belonging to a minor must be opened in person and requires a joint or multiple party ownership with a qualified owner who is at least 18 years of age, who shall be primarily liable to the credit union.
Referral Period Rules
- Referee(s) must claim their referral offer within 30 days of receiving the referral email message.
- Referee(s) must become an AMOCO FCU member (if applicable) and open their membership within 30 days of claiming their first checking account offer.
- Referee(s) must remain an AMOCO FCU member for at least 30 days in order for the referrer to receive a reward for the referral.
- Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing rewards and
special bonus offers.
- Referees who become an AMOCO FCU member and/or open their membership prior to claiming his/her referral offer will not be able to assert that he/she was referred, therefore neither party will receive a reward/bonus offer for this particular referral.
- Referees must register through the Share AMOCO website in order to be eligible for rewards/bonus offers.
- Referrers and Referees must have accounts in good standing with no negative balances or past due loan payments and be in compliance with all terms and conditions to receive their rewards/bonus offers.